Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Haven't had a good talker in a while, so here goes. Activity is on the rise here at the Fortner household. Last night was Max's first Fasst training. Its a speed and agility training camp during pre-season for football. Lots of cut and runs, and two feet jumps on boxes and running drills. Luke opted out of football at the end of the season last year, and now I see he regrets not sticking with it. He would gravitate toward the field last night, almost as if there was a magnet pulling him. I had to remind him he couldn't be on the field. It breaks my heart, we asked and there is no room for him.

In other news, I have begun the "winter purge". My entryway is getting better and better. No more snow pants, and bulky coats, gloves, hats. They will be replaced with trimmer jackets and sweatshirts. Much more pleasing to my eye. The shoe bucket on the other hand... I need to dust all the obscure knooks and crannies and do a thorough vacuum and washing. I'm dying to pull the storm windows of the kitchen windows and spray till sparkling. That, however, may have to wait until Jarrod's home.

Speaking of Jarrod, he's busy with work and since the weather is warming will be spending most of his wakeful hours outside. Busying himself with the garden and yard maintenance. He also joined the volunteer fire department and has fire training sessions tues and thurs. from 7-10. Thats a bit more time consuming than I was wanting. Plus they go on "field burns" which are usually 8 hours at a time. I get a little peeved at his "dedication". And boy was he told this weekend. But he loves it, and while I don't want him to quit, a little more time at home is needed.

The kids for sure have the spring fever. Luke every year about this time starts coming home in the foulest moods, complaining school stinks and blah, blah, blah. I think it may be getting worse the older he is. I just don't have the patience for his self pity anymore. I try. Max, besides his football training, starts baseball with Luke tonight. I love baseball. I'm not very fond of the coaching at times, but its so fun for them to play for their town. Max is psyched to start all of this sporty stuff. Winter can be a bit long for him. He thrives on team sports. So here we go.
Sam will start Tball in a couple weeks, Ally starts on the team this year. It'll be fun to have Molly to chat with at the games again. Its been a couple years since we've had kids on the same team.

As for me, I'm mentally preparing for summer. I know it will go by in a blink, and I have to figure some fun things for us to do. We will have the Scdoris kids here this summer, so I'm scrambling to figure out stuff for the kids to do. Not entertainment-wise. They can entertain themselves. I'm not a believer in kids in the house in the summer, and so I need to make sure they're busy, but not getting into trouble. Still have a month...

Big news on the Fortner front- OJ now rides a two-wheeler! She was hardly riding her bike, and she got a scooter for Easter, so I decided it was time to make her bike fun again. A new challenge! Jarrod obliged my whim took the trainers off, and pumped up the tires. OJ was thrilled with the big kid bike. I always train my kids in the grass. Our yard has a slight downward tilt, and grass is cushier than concrete. We got her on, and...she took off. I wasn't even holding on to her. And the rest is history. Whew! It was exhausting. We are working on proper use of the brakes, as opposed to the tips of her shoes. And turning can still be a bit sticky, but she's a rockstar.

Wyatt, is well 20 months old, not talking, but crazy busy. He's a giant rash, nothing to ominous, but a mess all the same. Diaper rash, binkie rash, exema. Yikes.

I think thats all the new stuff. Will post a pic of OJ on her bike soon.

No comments: