Sunday, April 05, 2009

I know I haven't blogged FOREVER.


As some of you may know, Jarrod is now a member of our Volunteer Fire Dept. He loves it. Its like I suppose when you are a little boy dreaming of being a firefighter, but without all the rigorous physical training. They went out on a field burn, they are going on a lot around here right now, and it got a little out of hand. The wind picked up and their "controlled" field burn rekindled after they thought they got it out and was threatening a nearby house. They had to race from their second field burn to go put out the first.

This was Jarrod's first outing, and he left at noon and was home around 11 at night. He was whooped. And as you can see filthy! It reminded me of when he was doing the demolition on our remodel. But the smell was well like a campfire, instead of inhaling chunks of dust and insulation. He was so thrilled about it. As tired as he was, he was pumped about the day.















On to Hayley, whom we haven't seen in a while, who loves to play! with Wyatt. She carries him around and involves him in all sorts of games and role playing. He's always an important role. And the MOST important to her. So sweet. Although its great, I know these days are numbered, and that makes me sad. She's reaching total teenhood. Wyatt is not getting any younger, either. I had a sneaking suspicion that she wanted Wyatt to be a girl, this is proof positive. She has begun dressing him up in OJ's dresses, much to Wyatt's delight. HMMMM? I hope this will last for at least until he's three. I'll be sad to see it go.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sheila said...

As cute as you are Jarrod, Hayley and Wyatt take the prize! What a darling picture. Knowing this time soon passes makes it that much more precious. But those memories always stay in your heart. Keeps your heart warm on the tough days.