I'm not posting a picture mainly because I'm too lazy to do all that rigamarole right now. But hands down, after trying half a dozen recipes, this is the best. My family whole-heartily agrees. This recipe is titled "Clone of a Cinnabon", which I hear are good cinnamon rolls. If Pillsbury boasts Cinnabon cinnamon in their cinnamon rolls, probably should be good. Right? Am I just a sucker for marketing? Anyways, lets get down to brass tacks....
CLONE OF A CINNABON
Dough:
1 c. warm milk (110 degrees)
2 eggs, room temp.
1/3 c. margarine (I used butter), melted
4 1/2 c. bread flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. white sugar
2 1/2 tsp. yeast (approx. 1 pkg)
Filling:
1 c. brown sugar
2 1/2 T. ground cinnamon
1/3 c. butter
Frosting:
1 3oz pkg cream cheese
1/4 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp(pinch) salt
Now for the directions, which I'm winging, because this recipe was made for a bread machine which I had when I first made this recipe over a year ago, but returned because I hated it. Love the cinnamon rolls, hated the bread that is. So bear with me.
Directions:
1. I placed in my mixing bowl the milk and yeast and sugar, let it sit and proof the yeast, just until the yeast poofs a little bit. (Sorry if you're getting confused by my very technical terms) I then added the melted butter, beaten eggs, salt and flour. I used my mixer and dough hook and let it go to town for five-ish minutes. It became a very firm and smooth dough. BEE-utiful. I put the dough in a oiled bowl and covered with a towel in a warm spot in my kitchen. (which happens to be the corner of my stove with the oven on its lowest setting, I'm just a big cheater and wanted it to rise as quickly as possible)
2. After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let sit for 10-ish minutes. In a small bowl combine the brown sugar and cinnamon only.
3. Roll dough out into a 16x21" rectangle. Spread dough with 1/3 c. softened butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon. Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13" pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. While rolls are baking, beat together frosting ingredients. Spread on warm rolls before serving.
Fair warning...not fat-free. Not ever, not never. But oh so good. I'll just work out a little extra long tomorrow. I served mine with chili, but would be oh so good with anything or for breakfast. I'm making this our new Christmas tradition for Christmas breakfast along with hot cocoa. The kids will surely be jacked up on sugar all day anyway, best to start the day off shocking the bloodstream. Right? Is that a terrible mom thing to do. Okay I'm really making this a new tradition because its what I would want for breakfast as a kid waking up on Christmas morning. Who wouldn't?
Chronicles of my family. Sort of like a family journal. All 8 of us. Jarrod and Kari (mom and dad)-married 11 years. Luke-12, Max-11 Sam-9, Olivia-6, Wyatt-4, Cicilia-1. It's Crazy.
1 comment:
Yum! And a great combo with chili!
Post a Comment