Luke and Wyatt were playing footsie on top of the warmed corn pillow last night. And I started to tear up at the picture, so I got up and took a picture. We were all sitting around watching the Grammy's. OJ was thrilled because not only did Taylor Swift perform with Miley Cyrus, but Carrie Underwood (her all time fave) was also on. It was a regular dancefest. I especially enjoyed Coldplay, and am thinking when I have an extra $14 laying around I might go purchase their album. I normally don't watch the Grammy's. Jarrod HATES award shows, and they are a guilty pleasure for me. So in all fairness to Jarrod I don't watch them when he's home. However he was off on a Monavie adventure yesterday so we watched and enjoyed the hour of it. After 8 however things got a little dicey with the performers. Luke was the only one left up, but he's only 10 so I turned to a nature program on PBS. He was not pleased. However it was a show about Alpine Deer. Jarrod was home by now and sat right down to look at the gorgeous specimen, dreaming of rifle season once again.
Other than that our weekend was quiet. Friday the kids had no school, we went to mom's. It was a beautiful day and the kids swarmed around her house. Saturday the kids ran around the neighborhood. At any given time we had 10 kids in our yard. So fun. That night I laid OJ down for bed, left to go get Wyatt. Wyatt had to give Jarrod and the boys hugs and kisses. By the time I got back to their room OJ was dead to the world. Not a muscle moving. I laughed as I left the room. She got a great nights sleep. Fresh air will do that to a little girl.
Sunday was church and homework. Naps for OJ and Wyatt, very relaxing day. I am on day 5 of trying to only eat when hungry, and no processed flour or refined sugar. I am doing well. After church yesterday,being World Marriage Sunday, they had a "wedding reception" with valentine cupcakes, nuts and wedding mints. I had a cupcake, I usually forgo breakfast on Sundays. It was an instant sharp headache after I ate it. I didn't finish it and grabbed a few nuts. I was grouchy the rest of the morning. Came home had a little protein and was all better. I can't believe how immune I became to the effects of sugar. Its very disturbing what it does to your system. I LOVE SUGAR. Cakes, brownies, cookies, candy. But I'm better off having it once a month, as opposed to having it everyday. I get way more things done around the house. My big sugar hours are after lunch to 3. Those are my down hours. Well I have to retrain myself to stay busy or I'm doomed to failure. I'm not opposed to having some sugar, but rarely instead of often. Wish me continued luck. Thanks for listening to my quasi journal entry.
3 comments:
Well Kari I am having myself a big dose of processed flour and refined sugar just for you! Ummmm refined sugar so sweet and yummy and so easily obtainable next to the coffee pot in handy single serving packets. PERFECT!!!
I'm already over it JOE! You are a brat...as usual. But thanks for the support. Remind me to whack ya the next time I see you!
What a great picture! someday they'll have big ol' guy feet. Really that would be wonderful framed. Love ya, Mom
Post a Comment