Sunday, January 21, 2007

So, I'm sitting here, eating chocolate chips(its all the chocolate I've got!)and blogging with no pictures because my stupid program is in error. Whatever I had the cutest picture of Max. He was on the front page of our local newspaper "The Voice". He and his friends Brandon and Hannah were all out in the heavy snow last weekend in like 10 degree weather watching some bizarre Nebraskaland race in our town. The were adorable. I had to go and retrieve Max from his friends house, just up the street after he had been outside for two hours in heavy snow and really really cold temps. He was so mad too. I can't believe the resiliency of children. It snowed here again last night we got 6+ inches of the heavy stuff, and the kids have already been out two hours, and no sign of anyone wanting to come in. Although today at least its hovering around thirty degrees. Balmy! In other news, I have a black eye. Yes I'm thirty years old, and have my first shiner. Now I'm no spot the dog, but its pretty ugly. And no Jarrods not poundin my face. I call it the La-Di-Da factor. Walking around the back of Jarrods truck to get in after grocery shopping. I was glad the task was over and ready to go home, we'd had a nice outing. So La-Di-Da walking and BAM! BOOM! SMACK! Ran face first into this long metal gutter looking thing. Cried like a baby, seriously. I was in the back of his truck with Max consoling me. I'm laughing just thinking about it. But it HURT! And it swelled a little, and is still very tender. But at least I gave my husband more amunition to make fun of me with. Only two and a half weeks til Florida, they are having great weather. I just hope this snow thing isn't going to happen every weekend, and cause flight delays. And still none of my children are sick. Its eerie and scary, I thought maybe Sam was getting sick this morning, turns out he ate too much chili and too many deer sticks yesterday! I just want them to get one good sickness in before I leave. Is that too much to ask?

1 comment:

Emily said...

Kari..the Grandma Joy "la-di-da" factor happens to all of us York ladies from time to time.

I think it was Haley at the Platte that got sick from deer sticks last summer. Or was it Zach? Someone was having "issues" with them. You people-on-the-prairie have to ration out those things...sounds very potent!