Monday, October 08, 2012

Hello Again!

My last post is cracking me up!  What a lazy blogger I've been.  Sorry to the four of you that read it.

Life has been insane.  However, I'm happy to report that it's about to get much more relaxed.  We've already wrapped up OJ and Wyatt's soccer seasons, and am happy to report they both loved playing on the Hickman Leagues.  I still can't get over that they had 10 teams in each age grouping.  How our area is growing! 

Luke's last football game is tomorrow afternoon.  No more daily pickups from school.  This I am VERY excited about, as it fell right when I should be home making dinner for the army.  Max's team may have a while yet, at least two more weeks of practices and for sure one, maybe two, more games.  They are their division champs, if you hadn't read it on my facebook blast, and will be in playoffs. 

I gotta admit football, in their age groups, leaves me....blah.  I can't EVER see my kid.  I can only see Max because he is so small, and therefore easy to point out amongst all the giants that are seventh and eighth graders these days, geesh.  Luke rarely plays, although I'm sure he's love to, but his lack of experience leaves him to sit on the bench most of the time.

Poor Max, I always think.  He'll be one of those boys, like my brothers, that didn't mature until their late teens.  All his friends tower him, most anyway.  Luke is seriously nearly two heads above him, and they are only 17 months apart.  Genetics I tell ya.

Where was I?  Sidetracked should be my middle name.  Here before too long I won't have to run somewhere every. single. day.  My weekends won't be bogged down by this game or that school function.  ( I really feel as if I need to knock on wood.)  I love being home, my kids love being home.  They would love nothing more then to get to play with the kadrillion children in our town. 

Jarrod's back in school, while it's great, is very straining on our family.  We like having him around, but his spare time belongs to the books again. 

Me?  Well I'm doing the same old, same old.  I play with kids, get my workouts in, housework, cooking, etc.  What most stay-at-home moms do.  I'm trying to improve our eating habits, that got so out of whack during the summer, and our recent hellishly busy time.  Sandwiches and granola bars aren't a well- rounded diet.

Pinterest keeps me in new and exciting recipes.  I love that darn webpage.  While most of the things popping up are desserts, does anyone else find them overwelming?  I find the amount of desserts ridiculous.  Sabotage written all over them, to me and my way of eating that is.

I'm not paleo per se, but I did go strictly Paleo for six weeks and dropped an astounding 14 lbs.  I wasn't THAT heavy to begin with, so to lose that much weight in so little time.... Well, you be the judge.  I am diligent about working out.  But I'm not crazy about the crossfit thing, although my brother is a crossfit trainer.  Look him up if you're in the Lenexa area (J.R. Kuchta - Solution One Crossfit.)  The pros of that way of eating were I could literally go the whole day without my sugar cravings after the first couple days.  This alone was astonishing.  I'm a sugar addict all. the. way.  I love baked goods.  Making them and eating them.

I felt so energetic.  I didn't have my two or three o'clock crash.  My workouts usually provide me with a boost of energy that lasts a long while, this went over and above.  If anyone wants a jump start to their diet, although I really do think it's a great way to live, check it out.  I just went online and did research, found tons. 

But really, I love bread occasionally.  Sometimes this gal wants a sandwich.  However, when I have one now, I eat a sandwich with one slice of bread instead of two.  My burger, if I use a bun, mostly it's just the bottom.  I'm happy with the results.  I still can't do a freakin pull-up, no matter how hard I've tried.  This is still my Everest to climb.

Life is so busy.  I can see now why people who's children have all grown up say it goes by in a blink, because it does.  The last four months disappeared in a mad rush.  I'm going to have a child with a learner's permit soon.  Warp speed I say!

No comments: