Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Playing in Water

 It seems as though summer is always a ritual time to clean out the garage.  Well we are lucky in that we have three strapping young lads to assist my husband in the mess we all turn our garage into.  The older boys help, OJ disappears (handy) to play with her friends in the neighborhood, and Wyatt usually sits atop the riding mower or the mini four-wheeler and watches and entertains himself. 
 This year Cici got to enjoy the spoils of cleaning out the umpteen million drywall buckets my husband insists on collecting throughout the year.  It was Sam and Luke's job to fill them all with water, let them soak, and then begin scrubbing all the hardened drywall mud off them until they shine like the top of the Chrysler building. 
 Cici, up to this point, was miserably sitting in her pack-n-play where she was tucked by my husband, whining and crying wanting to get out.  Most of the time I was in Lincoln grocery shopping.  When I got home to see my miserable little girl, I immediately (after the groceries were put away that is) took her out of her playpen and let her run loose.  This is where she headed.  Ten to twelve five-gallon buckets full of drywall mud infused water.  What else could be better? 
 She stayed there forever.  And ever.  Amen.
She was soaked through and through.  Her diaper was on the verge of explosion.  I loved watching every second of it.  When excited, my daughter squeals an ear-deafening squeal that delights me.  I giggle every time she does it.  Who doesn't love it when their children are having the time of their life?  She's getting big that's for sure.  *sniff*

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my!! I can't tell u how this excites me, mainly as all i do is picture our little gals together. They will have a blast!!

Kari F. said...

YES!!!

Sheila said...

What a blast!!!