Oh so much is going on in this house that it's making me a little scattered. A lot of activity is not so unusual, but it seems to be on a heightened level right now. Busyness is not my forte, but right now with spring springing I'm digging it.
We are in the midst of a total bathroom remodel. This was sorely needed for years! Years! So while I don't like inconvenience, I'm calm about it. I'm not fond of trucking down to the basement every time nature calls, or bathing Cici in the kitchen sink because showers are out of the question for her, I will deal with the inconvenience and sacrafice in order to get the tiniest bathroom of my dreams. Jarrod is doing all the remodeling himself. He is super handy, but right now his time is limited. He's getting little bits done here and there between school, work, and family obligations which are so plentiful in the spring.
I did take pictures of the "before" bathroom. But its so disgusting that I'm not sure they will ever be displayed on this blog for the entire world to see. Maybe once it's done and I've got something fantastic to compare it to I'll do it.
The boys will start their busy baseball game schedule soon and I'm thrilled.
My daughter OJ has been home sick everyday this week. She has contracted either the same influenza strain as a couple months ago, or a new one. Either way she seems to get the really long and drawn out ones. Poor dear looks like she's been through the wringer. She's mending I think, no fever for 12 hours. Hopefully she'll be able to enjoy her weekend.
Jarrod has a nasty boil that has exploded on his back. Lucky me, his spouse, is the one who gets to change the dressings three times a day. I feel terribly for him, it looks extremely painful. My husband is pretty tough, but I have seen several winces that make me pity the poor guy. I have pictures of this as well, it's really so gross that one cannot NOT document it with pictures, but again I'll spare you the disgustingness.
We're getting geared up for summer. The kids are in school for only one more month and keeping them motivated to do homework and read their books is, well, more than difficult. Evenings are flying by in a blink. Getting kids to bed on time when it's still light outside is interesting and almost impossible.
I'm ready for the unscheduled summer. I relish in lazy mornings. I love when my kids are able to go outside at 8 in the morning because it's warm enough and all the neighbor kids are out already. I'm ready to get my hands filthy with dirt and enjoy the benefits of my garden. Come on summer!
Chronicles of my family. Sort of like a family journal. All 8 of us. Jarrod and Kari (mom and dad)-married 11 years. Luke-12, Max-11 Sam-9, Olivia-6, Wyatt-4, Cicilia-1. It's Crazy.
1 comment:
You're such a good, regular blogger. I can't wait for the bathroom before and after, but I do remember the before so i can handle just the afters. And i wouldn't call the befores disgusting, geesh, just oldish. The boil drama, oh my. Can not wait to get there, I just so enjoy a summer day in your little town, this year with babies! And OJ, dear, feel better soon! Emmy
Post a Comment