Several weeks ago, and I mean like six or seven weeks ago, I got into the groove of waking up in the morning and making breakfast. I think the same five boxes of cereal sat in the cupboard for three weeks. This is unheard of around here, well especially considering that I was newly pregnant, then sick, so no breakfast got made. Cereal was a mainstay, a staple. Anyways, several weeks ago I got on this kick. It wasn't like I was going all out every morning. But I would wake up early and make muffins, or scrambled eggs. Oatmeal was a regular, so were pancakes. But ne'er a bowl of cereal.
So as I was being Betty Homemaker, I didn't realize I was spoiling the CRAP out of my kids. Not only were they waking expecting baked goods or something warm and cozy, they began to put in not so subtle requests. I was startled one night when my daughter was brazen enough (I know I know this should NOT have startled me) to say this to her exhausted mother. "MOM! In the morning I would like scrambled eggs and shausage, thank you and goodnight!" I just gaped in the crack of their bedroom door. No one should say such things to me at 8:30 at night, I'm NOT fresh and NOT at my most patient. I snappily said, "OJ, I don't DO sausage, Good night." I closed the door and went out to the living room and reflected.
Although this exchange is not the point of this blog entry. THIS is. This exchange was a battle between mother and daughter, although not really a battle. But it must have been so ingrained in Wyatt's psyche. He must have found our feminine exchange funny, even hilarious. Every night since I tuck the kids in, kiss and hug OJ, kiss and hug Sam, kiss and hug Wyatt. Say goodnight walk toward the door, turn off the light, walk out, turn on hall light, when i hear it. "Mom, mom?" I creak open the door enough to stick my head through, "yes, Wyatt?" "hmmmnn....shausage...breafiss?" I can actually hear him smiling! Every night! It makes me laugh as I type this. And if I don't reply "Wyatt, I don't DO sausage." He repeats this ad nauseum.
I love this boy!
Chronicles of my family. Sort of like a family journal. All 8 of us. Jarrod and Kari (mom and dad)-married 11 years. Luke-12, Max-11 Sam-9, Olivia-6, Wyatt-4, Cicilia-1. It's Crazy.
5 comments:
So funny! He is already a bright one! I do Do sausage on occasion, but I haven't been on a breakfaxt kick like you. It has been better since the morning sickness has passed. Now I might get started. Thanks!
That's hilarious Kari!!
Tip.. Sausage links are a little better(less smoke and smell) then the Tube! I thought Tom and Liam died and went to heaven when I brought those home from the store!
Audrey
Oh I do DO sausage, Audrey. I, in my stubborn-ness, was struck by the audacity of my daughter in my tired and grouchy state of mood. And told her that. I'm not a total beast. My family loves pig, and I love them and don't deny them it forever, just lengthy amounts of time, so they REALLY appreciate it and me when I do make it.
OK... good you don' want to deny Wyatt his yummy shausage breafiss! He is TOO cute!
Aud
Post a Comment