Summer pregnant has not been the obstacle I once thought. Actually on the contrary. Oh, don't get me wrong I have my days where I hardly move, except to get the things my children need. But I've found staying busy the best use of the summer. Lots of stuff to do, as always, around here. Our garden is gorgeous and thriving with corn, tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, cantaloupe, cucumbers. Soon we'll be planting our late green beans. I haven't figured out how I'm gonna be farmer Betty and mother to a newborn yet. But all in time. Jarrod has been going to work ridiculously early since the weather warmed up, so he's been getting home early afternoon most days. That's been great. He's been helping without me having to ask him. Which is kind of odd. But I love it and love him for it. He took all the boys camping with some friends of ours last weekend. I had Friday afternoon through Saturday night at 10 all to myself. (Well OJ was here). But I got a bunch of laundry done, so it was a great day of lounging and folding clothes. I have not yet started preparing for the baby. I don't know that after four kids, preparation is needed much. The boys are having a ball, and flop into their beds exhausted each evening. School is only five weeks away as well, and I'm excited to get all their supplies and supplement their wardrobes. New shoes of course. Luke will be starting football practice for the Hickman Screaming Eagles any day now. So that should be funny. I'll post pictures as soon as there is a precious moment. Sam is gearing for Kindegarten, I finally got all his paperwork mailed off the Norris last week. He's just so big and ready. Reading and writing great. I'm excited to see how he thrives with all those kids around. Max is well, Max. He's mr. resilliant. Goes with the flow. He's my always hungry and always thirsty kid. Yikes visions of him at twelve, thirteen, etc... The grocery bills,yikes! OJ is causing me much distress and ...Joy. She's so independantly minded, which is to say she's infuriating at times. But is such a doll too. Jeckyl and Hyde. Truly one minute she's smiling and pleasant, the next she's screaming at one of her brothers. Who all love to tease her. So there are the July updates.

1 comment:
I can't wait to see that little one. I can't believe it is only 5 more weeks. You better get on those girl names.
Post a Comment