As one could imagine when having a large family, things fall through the cracks. Minuscule and sometimes larger details fall through them. Appointments made, practices scheduled...forgotten. This is an every week occurrence in my house. My organization in the scheduling department, heck in every department, leaves something to be desired.
I think it's an innate flaw. Something I was born without. So when the large family came to be, organization didn't miraculously arrive. In fact, when in the midst of conceiving, birthing, and raising all these children, I believe organization was choking on the dust it was left in.
I forget that yesterday I promised Olivia I'd read her a story at bedtime, only to have it be the next night, half hour past her bedtime and promising to read to her two books tomorrow. Or forgetting to ensure that all homework was done, checked and put away. As is evidence today, when picking up, I found Luke's science book with the homework inside it. Ooops.
Not all of this is my fault. Luke is 12, nearly 13, and has to shoulder some responsibility himself. I just lack in this department. Most of these things are forgivable. My children forgive me, my husband can accept it and love me anyway, and I forgive myself for these shortcomings.
But in life there are more important things. I know and understand this. Remembering to do all that is scheduled isn't the topmost priority, thankfully, because I'm horrible at it.
Chronicles of my family. Sort of like a family journal. All 8 of us. Jarrod and Kari (mom and dad)-married 11 years. Luke-12, Max-11 Sam-9, Olivia-6, Wyatt-4, Cicilia-1. It's Crazy.
1 comment:
I hear ya and you should NOT feel guilty!! I only have 2 kids and BOY that happens to me all the time. Oh! the kids needs to see a dentist, what!?! Homework, forget about it. If they are healthy, happy and have a warm home and meal... they are good to go!
~ Auds
Post a Comment